雅思阅读
2016-08-10 15:18
来源:中国日报网英语点津
作者:上海新东方整理
各国表达赞美,感谢的常见手势:
When words fail - and they usually do - holidaymakers resort to hand gestures tocommunicate with locals in a country where they don't speak the language.
每当旅客去到一个语言不通的国家游玩又无法用言语清楚表达自我时,他们总会用手势与当地人沟通。
But it can be a tricky endeavour as gestures that represent something innocent in one country could be offensive in another.
但即便这样也会问题多多,因为同样的手势在一个国家可能没什么恶意,但在另一个国家可能就会带有冒犯之意。
This helpful guide demonstrates 42 hand gestures that are common in 14 countries where visitors from abroad could run into a language barrier.
以下的指南介绍了14个国家常见的42个手势,它可以帮助国外游客克服语言障碍。
The infographic was created by Work the World, which helps health-care professionals and students find short-term placements abroad.
“工作世界”绘制了这张信息图以帮助医疗界的教授和学生在国外找到短期实习工作。
It said the gestures will come in handy for those who don't know the country's mother tongue or only know a few words or broken phrases but are intimidated when theycommunicate with locals.
对于那些不会说该国母语,或者只懂说只言片语,和当地人说话又会怯场的人来说,这些手势就会派上用场了。
In Italy, diners can tell their waiter or chef that their meal is 'delicious' by running their finger into their cheek.
在意大利,用餐者可以用手指在脸颊上滑动来告诉餐厅侍者或厨师饭菜非常“美味”。
In Mexico - an increasingly popular destination for Britons - visitors who are unable to speak a lick of Spanish can hold up their arm with their palm towards their face to say 'thank you'.
墨西哥现在颇受英国游客的青睐,在这个国家,游客要是不会说西班牙语的话,可以举起手掌面对着自己的脸来表示“谢谢你”。
Around the world in 42 hand gestures
来学学世界各地的42种手势
It's great to learn to speak a whole new language for a trip abroad, but it can take a lot of time and efforts before you can converse easily. An easy approach to understanding the locals is to know the physical cues-especially considering 93% of communication is non-verbal.
为出国旅游而学习一门全新语言不失为一个好的想法,但是在能够熟练运用之前可能会花上大量时间与精力。考虑到93%的交流是非语言的过程,那么要了解当地人的意思一个简单的方法就是理解肢体上的暗示。
Brush up on your body language with this simple guide to some of the most common gestures from around the world.
以下简单介绍一些世界上最常用的手势,大家一起来学习一下吧。
1. Italy 意大利
Gesture: Run finger into your cheek.
手势:在脸颊上滑动手指。
Meaning:"Delicious!"
意义:“真好吃!”
Gesture: Cup your hands together as if trapping a bird. Wave them up and down.
手势:将双手捧在一起,就像捉住一只鸟一样。上下挥动双手。
Meaning: "I can’t believe I’m hearing this! What are you saying?!"
意义:“我不相信自己的耳朵!你在说什么?!”
Gesture: Swipe your upturned palm outwards from your chin.
手势:手背朝上蹭下巴。
Meaning:"I don’t give a damn."
意义:“我不在乎。”
2. Peru 秘鲁
Gesture: Tap your forehead with bunched fingers.
手势:手指聚拢轻拍额头。
Meaning: I don’t get it, I’m not smart enough."
意义:“我没明白,我不够聪明。”
Gesture: Point at a person, then to the door.
手势:指着一个人,然后指门。
Meaning: "Ya se fue-bad joke, he’s out of here!"
意义:“不好笑,出去!”
Gesture: Wave forefinger in front of your nose.
手势:在鼻子前上下摇晃食指。
Meaning: Indicates a rich and good looking person.
意义:“暗指某人美貌又多金。”
3. Ghana 加纳
Gesture: Scratch the palm of your left hand.
手势:用手指挠左手手掌。
Meaning: Indicates 'money'.
意义:指“钱”。
Gesture: Flapping hand upwards with palm facing down.
手势:手掌向下,上下挥手。
Meaning: "Come here."
意义:“过来。”
Gesture: Tap your stomach with your right hand, then raise hand.
手势:用右手拍拍肚子,然后把手举起来。
Meaning: Sign of satisfaction.
意义:表示满足。 转贴于:24EN.COM
4. The Phillipines 菲律宾
Gesture: Rest your chin on one hand.
手势:下巴靠在一只手上。
Meaning: Express "loss in business".
意义:表示“生意上的损失”。
Gesture: Bow with one hand extended downwards.
手势:身体微倾,向下伸手。
Meaning: A way to say ‘excuse me’ when passing between people.
意义:穿越人群时表达“借过”的一种方式。
Gesture: Wiggle your index finger, palm up.
手势:手掌朝上,摇动食指。
Meaning: Used to beckon dogs-rude if aimed at people.
意义:召唤狗的手势——召唤人则很无礼。
5. Nepal 尼泊尔
Gesture: Hold one hand in front of you, palm forwards, and swivel your wrist.
手势:举起一只手,手掌朝前,转动手腕。
Meaning: No (equivalent to shaking your head in the west).
意义:表达否定(相当于西方的摇头)。
Gesture: Pointing using chin.
手势:用下巴指示方向。
Meaning: Pointing at an object of conversation, rather than using the finger.
意义:用于指示谈话中的物品,而不是用手来指。
Gesture: Press hands together in front of your chest, in praying posture.
手势:胸前双手合十,做祈祷状。
Meaning: Formal greeting.
意义:正式的问好。
6. France 法国
Gesture: Raise two fingers towards nostrils.
手势:举起两根手指,朝向鼻孔。
Meaning:"It’s as easy as this."
意义:“小菜一碟。”
Gesture: Touch below the eye with your index finger.
手势:用食指触摸眼睛下方。
Meaning:"I don't believe you."
意义:“我不相信你。”
Gesture: Holding out both hands with fingers pincered together.
手势:伸出双手,聚拢手指。
Meaning: Indicates worry or stress.
意义:表示担忧或压力。
7. Germany 德国
Gesture: Tap your finger on your head.
手势:用一根手指戳头。
Meaning:"You're crazy!"
意义:“你疯了!”
Gesture: Make two fists with thumbs tucked in, bump them softly on a surface.
手势:手握成拳,裹住拇指,轻轻拍打物体表面。
Meaning:"Good luck."
意义:“祝你好运。”
Gesture: Wave hand with palm facing in, in front of your face.
手势:手掌朝面在脸前挥动。
Meaning:"You are insane!"
意义:“你疯了!”
8. Spain 西班牙
Gesture: Rapidly open and close your hand in front of your body.
手势:手在身前快速张合。
Meaning: "It's packed in there!"
意义:“那里人很多!”
Gesture: Lower hands to your waist, clench slightly, and move up and down as if carrying a heavy weight.
手势:将双手放置与腰齐平,轻轻握紧,上下移动,似举重物。
Meaning:"(S)he’s so lazy!"
意义:“他/她可真懒!”
Gesture: Pass forefinger and middle finger down your face from your eyes.
手势:将食指与中指从眼睛往下划过整脸。
Meaning:"I’m broke."
意义:“我破产了。”
9. Brazil 巴西
Gesture: Tap under your jaw with the back of your hand.
手势:用手背轻拍下巴。
Meaning: "That's not true, it's just gossip."
意义:“这不是真的,只是谣传。”
Gesture: Show the back of your hand with fingers up, and repeatedly close your thumb against your forefinger.
手势:手指朝上举起手,拇指与食指重复合拢。
Meaning: It's full (i.e. car park, nightclub).
意义:表示已满(如:停车场,夜店)。
Gesture: Hit your fingers with those of your other hand. Alternate hands.
手势:双手手指先后相互击打。
Meaning:"I don't care."
意义:“我不在乎。”
10. Russia 俄罗斯
Gesture: Flick your throat with your forefinger.
手势:用食指拂过颈部。
Meaning:"Let's have a drink."
意义:“喝一杯。”
Gesture: Stretch left hand behind your head and scratch your right ear.
手势:左手绕过头部,轻挠右耳。
Meaning:"This is getting too complicated."
意义:“太复杂了。”
Gesture: Trace your thumb across your throat.
手势:拇指划过颈部。
Meaning:"I've had enough."
意义:“我饱了。”
11. Japan 日本
Gesture: Point at your nose with your forefinger.
手势:用食指指着鼻子。
Meaning:"I" or "me".
意义:表示“自己”。
Gesture: Index and middle finger up, palm facing out.
手势:手掌朝外,竖起食指和中指。
Meaning: Used in photos to show you are happy and having a good time-because Japanese people generally won't smile for photos.
意义:拍照时表示自己玩得很开心——因为日本人拍照时通常不笑。
Gesture: Arms crossed, away from your body, with hands open and side-on to the recipient.
手势:双臂交叉,与身体保持一定距离,双手打开侧面面向对方。
Meaning: "Not allowed."
意义:表示“禁止”。
12. China 中国
Gesture: Link little fingers of both your hands, knuckles facing outwards.
手势:双手小拇指勾在一起,指关节朝外。
Meaning: "We have reached an agreement, and we wish it well for the future."
意义:“我们已经达成一致,希望未来一切顺利。”
Gesture: Hand on heart.
手势:手放在心口。
Meaning: Used to indicate a sincere promise.
意义:用来表示真诚的承诺。
Gesture: Make a circle with thumb and middle finger, rest your chin on it and scratch cheek with forefinger.
手势:拇指与中指围成圆圈,靠着下巴,用食指轻挠脸颊。
Meaning: "Shame on you!"
意义:“真不害臊!”
13. Mexico 墨西哥
Gesture: Lift your arm with your palm towards your face.
手势:手掌朝面举起手臂。
Meaning:"Thank you."
意义:“谢谢你。”
Gesture: Bunch your fingers together on one or both hands, facing upwards, and shake them.
手势:一只手或双手向上聚拢手指,上下摇动。
Meaning: A lot of something("mucho").
意义:表示数量很多。
Gesture: Tap the palm of your hand with the opposite elbow.
手势:手肘向下击打另一只手的手掌。
Meaning: Stingy.
意义:表示吝啬小气。
14. USA 美国
Gesture: Cross index and middle finger and hold up.
手势:食指和中指向上交叉。
Meaning:"Good luck."
意义:“祝你好运。”
Gesture: make a circle with your finger and thumb and fingers raised up.
手势:拇指和食指围成一个圈,其他手指朝上。
Meaning:"Everything is OK."
意义:“一切顺利。”
Gesture: Reach your fist out to touch another fist.
手势:双拳轻碰。
Meaning:"Hi friend."
手势:“你好,朋友。”
Communicating with hand gesture is a great short-cut to interacting with the locals. Try learning a handful of them to build an instant rapport with your new friends and neighbours.
用手势交流是与当地人沟通的一大捷径。通过学习一系列的手势,可以与新朋友、邻居迅速建立起亲密关系。
Work the World said: 'The beauty of hand gestures is that you can say so much with one move.
“工作世界”认为:“手势的美妙之处在于一个动作就包含千言万语。”
'Unlike a spoken language that requires multiple combinations of vocab, grammar and tone, you don't have to be an expert to communicate with your hands.
“语言交流通常需要词汇,语法与语调的多重结合,而用手势交流并不要求你在这方面有多精通。”
'That said, it is well worth brushing up on the basics before you leave the hotel room.'
“也就是说,在离开宾馆之前,复习一下基本的手势表达是很有必要的。”
推荐阅读
若想获取更多详尽出国留学攻略以及雅思备考资讯,可以打开我们【上海新东方雅思网】,涵盖雅思真题机经,雅思写作、口语、听力、阅读以及留学名校介绍等,也许就能找到你真正需要的。上海新东方雅思网在这里预祝各位考生学习顺利,都能考取自己满意的学校。
|
上海新东方英语学习班报名地址
|
||||
|
|
||||
扫码添加大队长Sam,领取最新沪上热门国际学校招生信息
A BETTER YOU,A BIGGER WORLD!
版权及免责声明
①凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。
② 本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。
③ 如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。
雅思阅读